The first year of marriage is often considered the year of adjustment. As you celebrate this special 1st wedding anniversary, reflect on the both the delicate and hardy aspects of your marriage and of your love for one another.
We recently celebrated our first wedding anniversary, and it got me thinking – while our marriage is wonderful right now, how can we ensure that it remains that way, building upon our love and relationship, becoming stronger rather than growing apart. For that reason, I created I still do – and encourage you to find out more about the anniversary book that will change your marriage.
The first wedding anniversary traditional gift is paper. It symbolizes the strength in paper that comes from the interlaced connection of the paper’s individual threads. I’ve pulled together advice from real couples as well as some of my own to help you celebrate your wedding anniversary!
Whether you exchange wedding anniversary gifts or not, here are some other ways to Celebrate Your 1st Anniversary:
- Eat the top layer of your wedding cake.
- Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theater, etc. to attend together.
- Plan a dinner at a special restaurant or plan a trip together.
- Plan a picnic with paper plates and cups. If you saved any of these items from your wedding reception, use them!
- Have a paper treasure hunt for your spouse. Leave clues throughout the house that eventually lead to a romantic location.
- Use paper flowers for a centerpiece for your anniversary dinner.
- An anniversary journal to record your memories of your anniversaries throughout your marriage. You may think that you will never forget how you celebrated your anniversaries, but the chances are you will! Write down how you spent your anniversary together and what gifts you gave to one another.
- Magazine subscription.
- Jigsaw puzzle.
- Paper weight.
- Art print.
- Sheet music.
- Road map describing a trip to take together.
- Egg timer.
- Kitchen timer.
- Wrist watch.
- Outdoor sundial.
Others Advice: Start a photo book with a picture of your wedding rings on the cover, and a picture of your hands from your engagement pictures. Each year add a new picture for each year of marriage.
Purchase stock! We plan on doing this yearly so that we are setting the stage for our retirement together.
Visit a B&B – print out of the reservations for a weekend away at a romantic B&B.